Everyone loves weekends, and nothing beats feeling fuelled and ready to workout! We’ve been thinking about the many ways we can kick-start your weekend fitness with our pre-workout Sencha blend, and it all came back every single time to our favourite banana pancakes.
Every gym junkie knows bananas are chock full of amazing fitness benefits, from magnesium and potassium to Vitamins A and C. Nothing packs a protein punch like these delectable banana pancakes – and we make them using only two ingredients!
Here are some reasons why we reckon Pre-Tea and banana pancakes go together like a house on fire:
- Vitamins A & C in bananas plus all the amazing antioxidants in your Pre-Tea Sencha are a stellar way to kick off your day
- Smooth banana sweetness washed down with the kick of cheeky cherry in refreshing, crisp Sencha – in short, they taste frigging amazing together. Like clean, heavenly goodness with a protein power-up that will keep you going all workout long!
- Like Pre-Tea, these pancakes are simplicity itself. No dodgy additives, added sugar, or anything that will pick you up and drop you down again. Just pure, natural power for your day.
1 Ripe Banana + 2 Eggs = Bad-Ass Banana Pancakes
- Peel and smash the banana in a bowl with a fork. They don’t need to be overly mushy, a little lumpy is just fine.
- Whisk your eggs and stir them in with the banana!
- Heat your non-stick spray, coconut oil, or butter in the pan at a medium heat. You just want to keep the batter from sticking, so no need to go nuts.
- Use about 2 tablespoons of batter for a 3-4 inch pancake.
- Using a spatula, gently slide it under half the pancake and flip softly while the middle’s still a little soft (but not too soft – it shouldn’t look like it’s definitely going to splatter everywhere!)
- When your pancakes are a beautiful golden-brown on both sides, they’re ready to go. If one side’s a little underdone, you can keep flipping till you’re satisfied.
- That’s it! Enjoy your pancakes with chilled or piping hot Pre-Tea Green Tea, Tart Cherry & Turmeric for a killer, all-natural, pre-workout energy boost.
- The riper your bananas the sweeter they’ll be. And, the easier to smash in your bowl. Even almost-black-as-night bananas work well, which is why we love this recipe for getting rid of fruit that’s been around a little while.
- A pinch of cinnamon can take these to a whole new level, and a pinch of baking powder can make them fluffier (and fluffy can be great).
- Chuck in some crushed nuts, blueberries, or even chocolate chips if you’re up for it, and sprinkle them over your pancakes when they’ve been on the pan for about a minute…for a little extra somethin’